What you'll need
250g of softened butter
1/2 cup icing sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 egg, at room temperature
2 1/2 cups plain flour
1/2 cup cornflour
Red & green food colouring
How to make Christmas Cookies:
1. Pre-heat oven to 160 degrees and line cookie trays with baking paper.
2. Cream the butter, sugar and vanilla until pale in colour. Add the egg and continue to beat until combined well.
3. Sift in the flour and cornflour and mix until well combined. Divide the mixture in half and place in two separate bowls.
4. Working with one mixture at a time add the food colouring slowly and knead the dough until the colour is distributed evenly. Continue to slowly add food colouring until the desired colour is achieved.
5. Now make the individually coloured dough into grape sized balls. One by one make a single big dough ball by adding the grape sized balls together, alternating colours as you go. Roll the finished big ball into a cylinder shape and cut cookies at the desired size.
6. Bake for 20 minutes, let stand for 5 minutes and then cool on a wire tray, enjoy!