Buttery Apple Rolls
What You Will Need:
• 3 cups of finely chopped tart apples
• 1 and 1/3 cups of sugar
• 1/3 cup of butter
• 2 refrigerated tubes of crescent rolls, approx. 230 grams each
• 1/3 cup of water
• 1 teaspoon of apple pie spice
How to Prepare:
• Add the water, butter and 1 cup of sugar to a saucepan. Cook these ingredients over moderate heat till the butter melts and the sugar dissolves. Set this saucepan aside.
• Unroll both the tubes of crescent roll dough into a rectangle and seal the seals and perforations.
• Mix the chopped apples, apple pie spice and the remaining sugar and sprinkle these on top of the dough rectangles; leave 1 inch from each side. Roll these up like you would a jelly roll starting from a long side.
• Cut these into 1 inch rolls and place in a 13 × 9 × 1 inch greased baking dish. Pour the syrup you prepared in a saucepan over these and bake at 177 degrees Celsius for 20 to 25 minutes or till the rolls are golden brown.
• Serve these delicious rolls while warm.