What you’ll need:
1 cup butter
Half a cup of sugar
2 tablespoons of milk
1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
2 1/4 cups of flour
Red food colouring
Mini chocolate chips
1/2 cup of shortening
1 1/3 cup powder sugar
Non-stick cookie sheet
How to make these Santa shaped cookies:
1. Pre-heat the oven to 160c
2. Using an electric mixer beat the butter on high for about 30 seconds till it’s light and fluffy.
3. Now add in the sugar and beat the mixture till it is combined. Then add the milk and vanilla to the mixture while the mixer is still beating.
4. Now turn the mixer to a low speed and gradually add in the flour.
5. Set aside one cup of the cookie dough.
6. With the remainder of the cookie dough add in 12 drops of red liquid food colour and mix till all the dough has a nice dark red colour.
7. To make one Santa you will need a one inch ball and 5 half inch balls made out of the red coloured dough. From the plain dough we took out earlier form the mixture you will need to make a ¾ inch ball and 4 ¼ inch balls.
8. Now on a non-stick cookie sheet start constructing your Santa by pushing the dough part together as shown in the final picture.
9. Add the buttons and eyes to your Santa by using the chocolate chips.
10. Now that you’re Santa cookies are all prepped bake them for about 15 minutes.
11. Once the cookies are done let them cool for about 2 minutes and place one red hot for your Santa’s nose.
12. Now for your Santa’s beard you’ll need some frosting. To make the frosting beat some shortening and vanilla with a blender for 30 seconds. Keep adding powdered sugar and milk to make your frosting fluffy.
13. Now using a pastry bag make Santa’s beard.
For cake and cookie decorating we recommend our - Cake and cookie decorating kit