Red Velvet Cupcakes
What you’ll need:
2 1/2 cups of flour
1 teaspoon of salt
1 1/2 tablespoon of Dutch cocoa powder
1 teaspoon of baking soda
1/2 cup of softened butter
1 1/2 cups of sugar
1/4 cups of water
4 tablespoons of liquid red food colouring
1 cup of buttermilk
1 teaspoon of distilled white vinegar
How to make Red Velvet cupcakes:
1. Pre-heat the oven to about 350 degrees F.
2. In a bowl add your salt, flour, cocoa powder and baking soda and whisk till all the ingredients are combined.
3. Now with the help of an electronic mixer mix together the sugar, butter, eggs and food colouring with the other ingredients.
4. Now add in the water, vinegar and buttermilk in to the bowl while the mixer is on a low setting.
5. Once the mixture you are preparing is lump free lightly grease your cupcake pan and pour in this gorgeous batter (You can even use cupcake liners if you desire). (only fill in ¾)
6. Let your cupcakes bake for about 25 minutes and check with the help of a toothpick if they are done. (The tooth pick will come out clean if done)
7. When you take out your cupcakes from the oven let them cool for about 10 minutes.
8. Keep in the refrigerator for an hour.
9. Frost the top of the cupcakes with white frosting and enjoy!