Chocolate and cranberry cheese bars
Chocolate and Cranberry Cheese Bars Recipe...
What You Need
• 1 cup of softened butter
• 2 cups of all-purpose flour
• 1 cup of dried cranberries
• 1 can of sweetened condensed milk, approx. 400 grams
• 1 package (approx. 230 grams) of cream cheese, softened
• 1 ½ cups of quick or old fashioned oats
• 1 cup of firmly packed brown sugar
• 2 teaspoons of grated orange peel
• 2 cups of semisweet chocolate morsels
How to Prepare
• Preheat your oven to 177 degrees Celsius and grease a 13×9 inch baking pan.
• In a large mixer bowl, beat the sugar and butter until the mixture is creamy. Now gradually beat in the flour, orange peel and oats until the mixture turns into crumbs. Mix in the dried cranberries and the chocolate morsels.
• Set aside 2 cups of this mixture and press the remaining onto the bottom of the baking pan and bake for 15 minutes.
• Beat the cream cheese in a small mixer bowl until it is smooth. Now gradually beat in the sweetened condensed milk.
• Pour this mixture over the crust you just baked and sprinkle over the rest of the crumbs that you had put aside earlier.
• Bake this for an additional 25 to 30 minutes or till it the center is set.
• Let this cool down then cut into bars and serve.