Scrumptious Strawberry Tart
How to make a great tasting Strawberry Tart:
What You Need
• 2 packages of softened cream cheese, approx. 230 grams each
• 2 ½ cups of sliced strawberries, fresh
• 1 sheet of pie pastry, refrigerated
• 1 ¾ cups of confectioner’s sugar
• Approx. 85 grams of German sweet chocolate, melted
• ¼ cup of red currant jelly
• 3 tablespoons of heavy whipping cream
• 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
How to Prepare:
• Set the oven to around 230 degrees Celsius.
• Take an ungreased fluted tart pan of 9 inches with a removable bottom and push the pastry on the bottom and the up the sides of the pan. Place it a baking sheet and bake for around 10-12 minutes or till the pastry turns golden brown. Let it cool on the cooling rack.
• Now spread the melted chocolate on the bottom of the pastry and place it in a refrigerator for 5-10 minutes or till the chocolate nearly sets.
• While this happens, beat the cream cheese, cream and vanilla extract in a large bowl till the mixture is smooth. Next, beat in the confectioner’s sugar gradually.
• Spread this mixture over the chocolate layer that is nearly set. Decorate the top with strawberries and the jelly and refrigerate for a minimum of 2 hours.
• Once you ready to serve, remove the sides of the pan and enjoy the scrumptious dessert!