Mini Pizza Hearts
What You Need:
• 24 slices of turkey pepperoni with 70% less fat
• 1 can (approx. 230 grams) of pizza sauce
• 1 can (approx. 310 grams) of Pillsbury® refrigerated thin pizza crust or (approx. 400 grams) of Pillsbury® refrigerated classic pizza crust
• ¾ cup of shredded mozzarella cheese
How to Prepare:
• For a thin crust pizza, heat your oven to 205 degrees Celsius and grease or spray a 15×10 inch or larger dark or non-stick cookie sheet. For a classic crust pizza, heat your oven to 220 degrees Celsius and lightly spray or grease a large cookie sheet.
• Unroll the dough on a flat surface. Using a sharp knife or a pizza cutter, cut the dough into 4 rectangular pieces. Place the pieces on a cookie sheet and cut 1-inch slit in the middle of wide edge of each dough piece. On the opposite wide edge across from the slit, pinch dough together to shape the point of a heart. Slightly separate each cut slit, and gently press dough into a 6x5-inch heart, creating a slight rim on the edge of dough.
• Spread the pizza sauce equally and evenly onto the dough hearts. Spread the sauce to within half an inch from the edges. Top each heart with 6 slices of pepperoni and 3 tablespoons of cheese.
• Bake, if using the classic crust, for 13 to 16 minutes or bake, if using the thin crust, for 9 to 13 minutes or till the edges are golden brown and the cheese has melted.