What you will need:
Egg whites (Off 3 eggs)
Half a teaspoon of cream of tartar
3/4th of a cup of sugar
1/8th of a teaspoon of peppermint extract
Red food colouring (liquid)
How to make festive meringues:
1. Pre-heat your oven to 95 degrees Celsius.
2. Take 2 cookie sheets and line with parchment paper.
3. Now take a large bowl and beat the eggs and cream of tartar together on high speed till the mixture is foamy.
4. Now add in the sugar one tablespoon at a time along with the peppermint.
5. Take a decorating bag and fit it with a half inch star ship tip.
6. Take a small brush and paint 3-4 evenly spaced red strips on the inside of the bag.
7. Spoon in the meringue and pipe 1.5 inche diameter stars on the cookie sheet.
8. Bake them for an hour until crisp.
9. Cool for 15 minutes and serve.