What you'll need:
185g of softened butter
1/2 cup caster sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 egg, at room temperature
1 1/2 cups self raising flour
1/2 cup coconut
60g of softened buter
3/4 cup icing sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 teaspoons milk
How to make Monte Carlos:
1. Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees and line cookie trays with baking paper.
2. Cream the butter, sugar and vanilla until pale in colour. Add the egg and continue to beat until combined well.
3. Sift in the flour and add the coconut and fold together. Roll into teaspoon sized balls and place on baking tray, pressing the tops gently with a fork.
4. Bake for 12-15 minutes, let stand for 5 minutes and then cool, on a wire tray.
1. Cream the butter, sugar and vailla until pale in colour. Slowly add the milk and beat well.
2. Join the biscuits together by placing a teaspoon of jam on one half and a teapoon of cream on the other half and slightly turn when pressing together.