What you'll need
150g milk coffee biscuits or similar
70g of butter
1 x 400g can of sweetened condensed milk
50g of butter
2 tablespoons golden syrup
200g dark chocolate melts
60g of copha
How to make Caramel Slice:
1. Lightly grease and line a slice tray with baking paper.
2. Process the biscuits thouroughly to form a fine crumb and pour into a bowl.
3. Melt the butter and pour over the biscuit crumb and mix together well.
4. Press the mixture into the tray and refrigerate until firm.
1. Combine the condensed milk, butter and golden syrup in a saucepan and stir constantly over medium heat until it thickens and turns a caramel colour.
2. Pour the caramel mixture over the base and bake at 180 degrees for approximately 15 minutes or until firm.
3. Allow the slice to cool and then refrigerate until set.
1. Combine the chocolate and copha in a bowl and place over a saucepan with water simmering and mix together well.
2. Pour over the caramel layer.
3. For a 'wavey' effect in the chocolate layer, allow it to set slightly then use a fork to create the 'wave' effect.
4. Refrigerate until set, then using a hot knife slice to the desired portion size. ENJOY!