How to make a caterpillar meringue
What you will need:
1 cup of caster sugar
1 teaspoon of cornflour
4 egg whites
1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
1/2 teaspoon of white vinegar
Sprinkles of your choice
2 x small sweets (smarties or M&M\'s work well)
How to make Meringue Caterpillars:
1. Line two baking trays with paper and pre heat oven to 100 degrees.
2. In a bowl beat the egg whites with an electric beater until they form soft peaks, then slowly add the sugar and beat for a further 3 minutes or until firm peaks form.
3. Pour in the cornflour, vanilla essence and vinegar and mix until just combined.
4. Gently place the mixture in a piping bag and pipe caterpillar shapes onto the baking trays and top with sprinkles.
5. Bake for 90 minutes then turn the oven off and leave them to cool in the oven for approximately 3 hours.
6. Remove from oven and add the two sweets to make eyes, a very small dot of frosting will help them stick.