Chocolate Cracker Cupcakes
How to make Chocolate Cracker Cupcakes
What You Need For the Cupcakes:
• 4 bars of milk chocolate, around 45 grams each and finely chopped
• 1 container of Betty Crocker SuperMoist Yellow Cake Mix
• Ingredients (Water, eggs and vegetable oil) as per the instructions on the box
• 1 cup of graham cracker crumbs
For the Frosting:
• 2 cups of powdered sugar
• ½ cup of softened butter or margarine
• 1 jar or 200 grams of marshmallow crème
• 1-2 teaspoons of milk
• 24 bear shaped graham crackers (optional)
• 1 bar of milk chocolate, 45 grams (optional)
How to Prepare:
• Heat the oven to around 177 degrees Celsius (remember to keep the temperature around 15 degrees less if you are using a non-stick or dark pan).
• Beat the cake mix, water, oil and eggs in a large bowl with an electric mixer on low speed for half a minute. After this, beat on medium speed for another 2 minutes. Remember to scrap the bowl every now and then. Mix in the graham cracker crumbs and the chopped chocolate.
• Place baking papers in 24 normal sized muffin cups and pour the batter equally into the 24 cups.
• Now bake for 18 to 23 minutes or till a toothpick returns clean after being inserted into the center of the cupcakes. Let the cupcakes cool for about 10 minutes. Place the cupcakes onto the cooling rack. Allow the cupcakes to cool completely for around half an hour.
• Remove the lid and seal from the marshmallow crème jar. For easy removal from jar, microwave the crème for 10 to 20 seconds on high heat.
• Beat the crème, butter and the powdered sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer on low speed till the ingredients are completely mixed. Mix in adequate milk (½ teaspoon at a time) to make the frosting spreadable.
• Spread this frosting on top of the cupcakes. Cut the chocolate bar into rectangles and further cut the rectangles diagonally. Place the chocolate pieces on top of the cupcakes. Now place the bear shaped graham crackers on top and serve once the frosting is set.