Chocolate Coated Brownies Recipe
What You Need:
• 4 separate cups (approx. 680 grams) of semi-sweet chocolate chips
• 2 eggs
• ¾ cup of sugar
• ¾ cup of all-purpose flour
• 1/3 cup of cubed butter
• 2 tablespoons of shortening
• 2 tablespoons of water
• 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
• ¼ teaspoon of baking soda
• ½ teaspoon of salt
• Pecans (chopped), jimmies or/and nonpareils, if desired
How to Prepare:
• Set your oven at around 163 degrees Celsius and grease a square 9 inch baking pan.
• Bring the butter, sugar and water to a boil in a large saucepan over moderate heat.
• Remove the saucepan from the heat and mix in 1 cup of chocolate chips vanilla extract till the mixture is smooth. Let it cool for 5 minutes and then beat in the eggs.
• Mix the flour, baking soda and salt together and mix them into the chocolate mixture. Stir in another cup of chocolate chips.
• Pour this into the greased square baking pan and place in the oven for 35 minutes or till the mixture is set. Let this cool completely on a cooling rack.
• Now place this into a freezer for around 30 to 40 minutes or till it is set; remember to not freeze it completely. Once set, cut into bars.
• Melt the rest of the chocolate chips and shortening together in a microwave friendly bowl; stir till the mixture is smooth.
• Using a small fork, dip the brownies into this mixture completely, allow the excess to drip off and place each coated brownie onto baking sheets lines with wax paper.
• Sprinkle the pecans, jimmies and/or nonpareils over the brownies if desired. Let these brownies rest till they are set and serve or store in an air-tight jar.