Grilled Cake Topped With Berries and Yummy Cream
Grilled Cake Topped With Berries and Yummy Cream Recipe....
What You will Need:
• 6 slices (1 inch thick) of pound cake
• 1 cup of 3 fresh raspberries
• 1 cup of fresh blueberries
• 1 cup of sliced fresh strawberries
• 1 cup of heavy whipping cream
• 3 tablespoons of softened butter
• 5 separate tablespoons of sugar
• 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
• 1 teaspoon of lemon peel, grated
• 1 tablespoon of minced fresh mint
How to Prepare:
• Mix the raspberries, blueberries and strawberries in a large bowl along with 2 tablespoons of sugar and the mint. Set these aside.
• Beat the cream in a small bowl till it thickens. Beat in the rest of the sugar. Mix in the grated lemon peel and the lemon juice and beat till soft peaks of the cream form. Cover this and place in a refrigerator till you are ready to serve the dessert.
• Spread butter over each side of the each one of the cake slices. Now heat over indirect moderate heat for 1 to 2 minutes on each side or till each side is light golden brown, remember to let the cake slices remain uncovered while being heated.
• Now serve the cake with the berries and the cream mixture and enjoy this wonderful dessert.