Crusty Blueberry Cobbler
What You Need:
• ¾ cup of butter milk
• ¾ cup of sugar
• 1 cup of all-purpose flour
• 4 cups of fresh or frozen blueberries, thawed
• 3 tablespoons of cold butter
• 3 tablespoons of cornstarch
• 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
• ¼ teaspoon of ground cinnamon
• 2 teaspoons of lemon peel, grated
• 1/8 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
• ¼ teaspoon of salt
• ¾ teaspoon of baking powder
• ¼ teaspoon of baking soda
How to Prepare:
• Mix the blueberries, lemon juice, cinnamon, nutmeg, ½ cup of sugar and cornstarch in a large bowl.
• Coat a 2 quart baking dish with cooking spray and transfer the mixture into the dish.
• Mix the rest of the sugar, lemon peel, baking powder, baking soda, flour and salt in a small bowl. Now mix in the butter into the mixture until it turns into crumbs. Mix in the butter milk just till the crumbs are moist.
• Spoon out these crumbs onto the blueberry mixture in the baking dish.
• Now bake at 190 degrees Celsius for 30 to 35 minutes or till the upper layer turns golden brown.
• Serve this warm and enjoy this scrumptious dessert.