How to make glow in the dark cupcakes
What you will need:
1 cup vegetable shortening
1 teaspoon of clear vanilla extract
1 cup of cooled tonic water
5 tablespoons tonic water
Neon food coloring
8gram pack of orange gelatin
1 cup of boiling water
7 cups of icing sugar
How to make glow in the dark cupcakes:
1) Mix the icing sugar,vegetable shortening,three tablespoons of tonic water & vanilla into a large bowl.
2) Mix until fully combined
3) Add the other 2 tablespoons of tonic water into the mix and keep mixing until it comes to a good consistency suited for piping.
4) Seperate the frosting mix into 2 seperate bowls
5) Add the neon frosting to 1 bowl.
6) Put the coloured frosting into a piping bag
7) Gently add the frosting onto your unfrosted cupcakes
8) Place your cupcakes in the freezer and let them
freeze for 45 minutes ( slightly longer if required)
Now it\'s time to prepare the gelatin
9) Add 1 cup of boiling water to your gelatin
10) Mix this and then add in your 3 tablespoons of tonic water and then put in a large bowl.
11) Now dip your frozen cupcakes into your chilled gelatin - Only dip the frosting in..
12) Put your cupcakes back into the freezer for a few minutes and then start to dip them again in the gelatin again - Repeat this method up to 5 times.
13) Once you have finished the dipping method place them into your fridge for 5-10 minutes to let them set properly.
When you are ready to serve turn on your U.V Black light and present the cupcakes...
Enjoy and please share this recipe with your friends.