How to make a Jaffa cake
A must try Jaffa Cake recipe..
What you will need:
2 cups cup of self raising flour
1/2 cup of caster sugar
1/2 cup of milk
150g butter at room temperature
1/2 cup of cocoa
1/4 cup of orange juice
1 teaspoon of finely grated orange rind
1 teaspoon of vanilla
1. 120g softened butter
2. 2 cups of icing sugar
3. 2 tablespoons of orange juice
4. 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
Optional: natural orange food colouring if you\'d like a vibrant orange colour.
How to make Jaffa Cake:
1. Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees and grease or line a loaf tin.
2. In a mixing bowl add the butter, sugar and vanilla and beat with an electric beater until light and creamy.
3. Add eggs one at a time beating well.
4. Fold in half the flour and 1/4 cup of milk slowly until combined then the remaining flour until well combined.
5. Separate the mixture into two bowls.
6. Add the orange juice and rind to one batch and stir well.
7. Mix the cocoa with the remaining 1/4 cup of milk and then stir into the second batch mixing well.
8. Pour the orange batch into the loaf tin.
9. Gently pour the chocolate mix on top of the orange mix in the loaf tin.
10.Using a skewer, do some light swirls throughout the batter to create the gentle marbled look upon slicing.
11.Bake for 35 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean.
12.Allow cake to cool.
1. Cream butter and slowly add the icing sugar, beating until fluffy.
2. Add orange juice and vanilla essence and mix, if adding food colouring add drop by drop mixing until the desired colour is reached. You can add a little extra juice if needed.
3. Spread over cooled cake.
4. Slice and enjoy!