Stuffed Bell Peppers
What you’ll need:
1/3 a cup of uncooked white rice
2/3 a cup of water
4 green bell peppers
1 lb. lean beef (ground)
1/4 cup of celery (Chopped)
2 tablespoons of chopped onion
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon of pepper
1/4 a cup of ketchup
1 tomato (chopped)
1 can of tomato sauce
1 teaspoon sugar
1/4 teaspoon dried basil leaves
1/4 cup of shredded Cheddar cheese
How to make stuffed bell peppers:
1. You will first need to fully cook the rice as directed on the packaging.
2. Heat up your oven to about 350°F.
3. Now cut the top of the bell peppers and remove all the seeds.
4. In a large pan add some water so that they cover the peppers when you add them in. Bring the water to a boil and let the peppers cook for 5 minutes. After cooking the peppers drain them and set aside.
5.In a pan add the ground beef, celery and onions and cook for about 10 minutes. Make sure the beef is thoroughly cooked.
6. To this beef now add in the cooked rice, salt, pepper, tomato sauce and ketchup.
7. Mix it all up.
8. Poon this mixture in to the bell peppers.
9. Place the stuffed peppers in to a shallow baking pan.
10. Make a mixture in a small bowl which consists of the tomato sauce, sugar and basil. Spoon this sauce over the bell peppers and place in the oven.
11. Let the bell peppers cook for about 40 minutes until the pepper are nice and tender.
12. Spoon in the remaining sauce and cheese over the bell peppers during the last 5 minute of baking.