What you’ll need:
Cupcakes which you baked in advance (any flavour will do)
White frosting (any company)
Orange liquid food colour
Circular shaped orange sprinkles
Black rope liquorice
How to make basketball cupcakes:
1. Start off by taking your liquorice and measuring it up with your cupcakes so that you can cut it more accurately to form the black lines of a basketball. There should be 3 lines for each cupcake. One straight line across the middle and 2 curved lines on each end.
2. Now in a bowl add the white frosting and the orange food colouring and mix.
3. Now it is time to get the frosting on the cupcakes. Make sure to add a generous layer of frosting as the liquorice and sprinkles will need to be held with it.
4. Place the cut out liquorice on the cupcakes.
5. Place all of your cupcakes in a large pan and dust them with the sprinkles.