Funky Rainbow Jar Cakes
What you’ll need:
1 Betty Crocker white cake mix
1/3 cup of Vegetable oil
1 ¼ cup of water Liquid food colouring (pink, blue, purple, yellow, green, red and blue)
3 (1-Pint) wide-mouth glass canning jars
Cooking oil spray
How to make these rainbow jar cakes:
1. Pre-heat your oven to about 350 degrees.
2. After washing up and drying the canning jars spray the cooking oil on the inside of each jar generously.
3. Make the cake batter as directed on the cake mix box.
4. Divide the batter in to 5 bowls with one cup of batter in each bowl.
5. Add the food colouring in each of the bowls and blend well. (You can choose any colour you want to use)
6. Now you have 5 individually coloured batters in 5 bowls. Now you should spoon up about 2/4 cup of each of the coloured batter in to these jars. You can layer the colours in any way you want. Using a paper towel clean up any drips on the sides of the jars.
7. Now place these jars in to a glass baking dish and add ¼” of water at the base.
8. Bake these cakes for about 40 minutes. To check if the cakes are properly baked use a long bamboo skewer.
9. After removing from the oven let the cakes cool for about an hour.
10. After they are cool spread the frosting over the top of the cake and decorate with sprinkles or anything your desire.