Mardi Gras Style Jelly Shots
What you’ll need:
12 glass shot glasses
Betty Crocker vanilla frosting
Sprinkles (Purple , yellow and green sugar sprinkles)
1 3/4 cups of lemonade
4 gelatin packets
1 1/4 cups of cake-flavoured vodka
2 tablespoons of condensed milk
Liquid food colouring (purple, green and yellow)
Edible glitter (silver)
Packet of gushers candy
How to make Mardi Gras Style Jelly Shots:
1. To decorate the rims of these shot glasses dip the rims in the vanilla frosting and then individually dip 1/3 of the glasses rim in to the sprinkles. (Purple , yellow and green sugar sprinkles)
2. Now set these glasses aside.
3. Now pour in some lemonade in to a sauce pan and sprinkle in some gelatin. Allow the gelatin to soak in the water for a few minutes and then heat over a low heat and stir constantly until dissolved.
4. Remove from the heat and stir in the flavoured vodka in to the mix along with the condensed milk.
5. Take this gelatine mixture and divide it in to 3 separate bowls with about one cup in each bowl.
6. Add the liquid food colouring to each bowl and mix well.
7. For the first layer of the shot using a tablespoon add in the purple gelatin to each glass. Refrigerate for 20 minutes till set.
8. Remove the glass from the refrigerator and add in the edible glitter over the purple layer and tap gently to even out.
9. Continue this step for the next two layers. You can add a gusher candy in the yellow layer for a fun surprise for your guests. Refrigerate overnight.
10. Garnish this beautiful jelly shot with whipped cream and sugar sprinkles.
11. Serve with a little spoon and enjoy