Purple Layered Cake
What you’ll need:
2 Betty Crocker White Cake mix
Purple food colouring
2 Betty Crocker Whipped White frosting
How to make a purple layered cake:
1. Make the cake batter as directed on the back of the cake mix book.
2. Divide the cake batter into three bowls.
3. Now in each of the bowls tint the batter with the same food colour (dark purple, medium purple and light purple).
4. Now pour the batter in to greased and floured 9 inch round cake baking pans.
5. Bake these three layers at 325 degrees for about 25 minutes. Until a toothpick is inserted into the middle of each layer and comes out clean.
6. Now cool these layers and cut off the round top of each layer. (Try to make them all uniform)
7. Place the dark purple layer on a serving platter first and frost the top. Then add the medium purple and add frosting. Then place the light purple layer.
8. Now frost the top and sides of the cake.
9. Refrigerate until serving time.