Coconut Prawns and Pineapple Dipping Sauce
What you’ll need:
Lime juice (1 Tablespoon)
2 teaspoons of fine chopped jalapeno peppers
Half a cup of pineapple preserves
1 pound of uncooked large prawns (peeled and deveined)
2 egg whites
2 Tablespoons of corn-starch
2 cups of sweetened flaked coconut
How to make yummy coconut Shrimps:
1. To make the pineapple dipping sauce mix the lime juice, jalapeno pepper and pineapple preserves in a small bowl and mix well. Cover this mixture and refrigerate till ready to serve with the shrimp.
2. Pre-heat your oven to 400 degrees and line a cookie sheet with some parchment paper.
3. Now in a small bowl using an electronic mixer beat the egg whites until soft peaks form.
4. Place the corn-starch and coconut on two plates separately.
5. Now by holding the shrimp by the tail dip it in to the corn-starch and then dip the shrimp in the egg whites and finally in the coconut coating.
6. Place the shrimps on the cookie sheet and bake for about 17 minutes (until the coconut is a golden brown). Remember to turn the shrimps over once halfway through to make sure both sides brown.
7. Serve with the pineapple dipping sauce and enjoy!