How to make rainbow bread
What you will need:
A cup of milk
1 egg yolk
3 cups of all-purpose flour
2 and a half tablespoons of sugar
2 and a half teaspoons of active dry yeast
1 and half tablespoons of unsalted butter (softened)
2 teaspoons of salt
Liquid food colouring red, yellow, green and blue as required
How to make rainbow bread:
1. In a bowl whisk milk and egg yolks together and microwave for about 30 seconds.
2. Add butter and salt to this mixture and stir now using a dough hook on a mixer or using your hand knead the dough until smooth.
3. Divide this dough in to five parts and place in small bowls.
4. Now add the food colouring to the dough and knead until you achieve the right colour. (be patient might take some time and be sure to use gloves)
5. Repeat with the rest of the dough.
6. Let the dough rise for about 2 hours.
7. Roll all the dough out and stack them together.
8. Now roll up the stack tightly from the short end to form a loaf.
9. Now place the loaf in to a greased loaf pan and let it rise for another hour.
10. Pre-heat oven to 190 degrees Celsius.
11. Bake the loaf for 30 minutes.
12. Remove from oven and let it cool completely.