How to make Lamingtons
What youll need:
1/2 cup of softened butter
3/4 cup of caster sugar
2 cups of sifted self raising flour
1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
1/2 cup of milk
pinch of salt
1/3 cup of cocoa
3 cups of icing sugar
1 tablespoon of butter
1/2 teaspoon of vanilla essence
Approximately 4 tablespoons of boiling water
coconut for rolling
How to make Lamingtons:
1. Pre heat oven to 180 degrees and grease and line a lamington tray.
2. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy and add the vanilla essence.
3. Slowly add in the eggs one at a time and beat after each egg is added.
4. Gently fold in the flour, salt and milk.
5. Pour into the lamington tray and bake for 30 minutes.
6. Cool on a wire rack.
7. Once the cake has cooled, prepare the chocolate icing by mixing the cocoa, icing sugar, butter and vanilla essence together.
8. Add the boiling water 1 tablespoon at a time until the righ consistency is reached, you need quite a thin mixture.
9. Cut the cake into your desired sized squares and then dip them in the chocoloate icing and roll in coconut and place on the wire rack to set.