How to make delicious lemon bars
Yummy Lemon Bars
What You Need
• 3 lightly beaten eggs
• ¾ cup of softened butter
• ¼ cup of lemon juice
• 2/3 cup of confectioner’s sugar
• 1 ½ cups of sugar
• 1 ½ cups and 3 tablespoons (separate from the 1 ½ cup) of all-purpose flour
• Some extra confectioner’s sugar for dusting onto the bars
How to Prepare
• Preheat your oven to 177 degrees Celsius.
• Beat the butter and the 2/3 cup of confectioner’s sugar in a large bowl till the ingredients are blended. Gradually beat in 1 ½ cups of the all-purpose flour into this mixture.
• Grease a 13 × 9 inch baking pan and press the mixture onto the pan. Now bake this for 18 to 20 minutes or till the mixture is golden brown.
• While the mixture is being baked, whisk the lemon juice, eggs, the rest of the flour and the sugar in a small bowl till the mixture is frothy.
• Once the baking is done, pour this mixture onto the hot crust and bake for another 20 to 25 minutes or till the mixture is set and lightly brown.
• Let this cool completely over a cooling rack, dust the extra confectioner’s sugar on top, cut into bars and enjoy the yummy lemon bars.