How to make a lemon flavoured custard pie
Lemon Flavoured Custard Pie
What You Need
• 2 separated eggs
• ¼ cup of lemon juice
• 1 cup of sugar
• 1 cup of milk
• 1 (9 inch) pastry pie, unbaked
• 1 tablespoon of softened butter
• 3 tablespoons of all-purpose flour
• 2 teaspoons of lemon peel, grated
• 1/8 teaspoon of salt
• Mint, whipped cream and lemon, optional
How to Prepare
• Preheat the oven to 163 degrees Celsius.
• Beat the sugar and butter in a large bowl till the mixture is well blended.
• Add the egg yolks into the mixture one at a time and remember to beat well after each addition.
• Add the milk, salt and flour and mix well into the mixture.
• Now stir in the lemon juice and the grated lemon peel into the mixture and set this aside.
• Beat the egg whites in a small bowl till stiff peaks and fold this into the mixture in the large bowl.
• Pour this mixture into the pastry pie and bake for 1 hour or till the pie is light brown and a toothpick inserted near the center of the pie comes out clean.
• Let this cool and then garnish it with the whipped cream, lemon and mint if desired.
• Now serve and enjoy!