Peanut butter and jelly cookies
Peanut Butter and Jelly Cookies
What You Need
• 1 ½ cups of sugar
• 1 cup of creamy peanut butter
• 3 cups of all-purpose flour
• Butter flavoured cooking spray
• 3 large eggs
• 1 cup of Crisco® Butter Flavour All-Vegetable Shortening
• 1 tablespoon of cream of tartar
• 1 tablespoon of baking soda
• Slightly crushed crisp rice cereal
• Strawberry preserves, you can use any other flavour you like
• ½ teaspoon of salt
How to Prepare
• Preheat your oven to 190 degrees Celsius.
• Lightly coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
• Mix the sugar and shortening in a large bowl. Beat these ingredients using an electric beater set on moderate speed till both the ingredients are thoroughly blended. Now beat in the eggs and peanut butter.
• Mix the cream of tartar, baking soda, salt and flour in a medium sized bowl. Add this mixture gradually to the sugar and shortening mixture and beat on low speed till the ingredients are thoroughly blended.
• Shape this dough into 1 ¼ inch balls and roll them in the rice cereal. Place these balls 2 inches apart from each other on the baking sheet and press them halfway down through the center using your little finger; do not flatten them. Now fill the caved-in space with approx. ½ teaspoon of preserves.
• Bake these for 9 to 11 minutes or till the cookies are light brown.
• Let the cookies cool for 2 minutes and then place them onto a wire rack so that they cool completely.
• Now serve and enjoy!