Fruit and chocolate bars recipe
Fruit and Chocolate Bars...
What You Need:
To Make the Bars...
• ¼ cup of unsalted butter
• 1 cup of chopped walnuts
• 5 cups of Rice Krispies® or Cheerios®
• Approx. 285 grams of marshmallows
• 1 cup of chopped Craisins®
To Make the Topping...
• 1 cup of peanut butter
• 1 and 1/3 cups of bittersweet chocolate chips
How to Prepare:
• In a small saucepan, melt the butter over low heat. Stir the marshmallows into the butter; stir till the marshmallows blend in well. Now stir the craisins, the walnuts and the cereal in.
• Grease an 8×12 inch pan and pour the mixture into the pan. Now let the mixture cool.
• To make the topping, mix the peanut butter and chocolate chips in a small saucepan over moderate to low heat; heat the ingredients gently till they melt and blend together.
• Now pour this mixture over the cooled mixture in the pan and let it cool completely before you cut it into bars and serve.